Welcome

It can be so hard to be a woman sometimes, let alone a mother and wife.
That's why I am reaching out, I want to talk to you about Skin Care, Hair Care and Cosmetics. I look forward to your responses, I want opinions and conversation. A fun place to chat. So please feel free to leave a comment I'd love to hear from you!

Again, thank you for stopping by, I hope this will be the start of a beautiful friendship!

Have an amazing day!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Baby: I was cryin' till I met you!

My baby goes through many different sleep cycles, she rotates! Some days she will sleep from the time I put her down until 5 or 6am when daddy leaves for work. Other days she wakes up at 2 or 3am to get a bottle and then she will go back to sleep for me anywhere from 5-7am. Then other nights like last night, she slept until 7:53am! It was so nice to have uninterrupted sleep! I just wish it was every night!

It wasn't easy to get to this level, I lost sleep, I had to hear her cry. It was rough, I won't lie. I am not a fan of the cry-it-out method, in fact I hated it. I thought that people who used it were bad and lazy parents. But to be honest I think it was the best thing for my baby. She used to stay up until 11 or 12 at night when we went to bed and she slept in the bed with us because it was easiest and we were breastfeeding, I would usually sleep until 10 or 11am.
It took 2 nights of crying for 30 minutes. Then when she woke up at 2, 3 or 5am I would bring her in bed, slowly that was phased out and I don't have to bring her into bed until 5am if at all.
She now has a bedtime ritual, she takes a bath at 8pm, gets a story and some snuggle time with mommy while she eats about half of her bottle. Then I put her in her bed with the rest of her bottle, I might have to go in a couple times and pick up her bottle when she drops it. Anywhere from 10-15 minutes later she is happy, full and asleep.
Like I said, I didn't believe in crying it out, and I still kind of don't.
I would have never let her cry more than an hour. I don't think it's healthy for them to cry for too long or when they are very young. My daughter was 6 months when we started having her sleep on her own. Now she is almost 7 months and sleeping great by herself. My husband and I finally get time to snuggle at night while we go to sleep (something we missed so much!).
It's better for the whole family.
I think that all babies are different, some will do great, others will take more love and reassurance when learning to sleep alone.

I found naps also play an important roll, for one they are good for establishing good sleep habits! My baby used to only sleep after I nursed her, which meant she slept on me which was okay when she was a little baby but she got big fast and it became uncomfortable for us both. Teaching her to sleep in her swing or bassinet for her naps has helped a lot too. Now she will sleep for 3-4 hours for her big nap, and an hour or two for her small nap early in the day.

I found good nap tips on this site
http://www.babysleepsite.com/

I hope things I've said help someone, I know I scoured the internet when I was thinking about my baby learning to sleep alone.
Do what is best for you and your baby!

Thank you for stopping by today I appreciate it so much, have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestion? Question? Opinion? Shout it out, I'd love to hear it!