Welcome

It can be so hard to be a woman sometimes, let alone a mother and wife.
That's why I am reaching out, I want to talk to you about Skin Care, Hair Care and Cosmetics. I look forward to your responses, I want opinions and conversation. A fun place to chat. So please feel free to leave a comment I'd love to hear from you!

Again, thank you for stopping by, I hope this will be the start of a beautiful friendship!

Have an amazing day!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Review: Nail Polish- N.Y.C & BORGHESE

I decided to do some reviews! Today at CVS I picked up two nail polishes, N.Y.C. New York Color series, quick dry in color Manhattan and BORGHESE in a matte color B280 Rasberry Sorbetto C.
N.Y.C. was $1.99 and is a beautiful dark plum color, it is glossy but not shimmery so it is pretty matte, it goes on great. Unlike a lot of the less expensive, dark nail polishes that would have steaks of light and dark color, this smooths onto the nail very evenly. Also you can get away with only putting one coat, this is what also makes it different than most less expensive dark nail polishes. Usually when I get a cheap nail polish it is very watery and thin and it takes 2 or more coats of the polish to get the true color, I don't know about you but that drives me bonkers!
So overall I would give N.Y.C. New York Color quick dry nail polish 5 stars!

BORGHESE was normally retailed for $7.99 the color I got was 75% off and it is a matte pink, not full matte but pretty close, it is a little less glossy than the N.Y.C New York Color. It spread pretty well and smooth onto the nail and didn't require more than one coat which was good. If I were to give it the time to dry and put a second coat it would look even better, but for those of us who nail polish dries very slow on, a second coat would take very long with this thick polish. So unless you have time to kill I don't recommend a 2nd coat with this polish.

All in all it was money well spent, I don't think I would pay full price for BORGHESE but N.Y.C was worth it! I definitely think N.Y.C will become a staple in my polish collection, especially with my budget. The New York Color quick dry polishes to be specific. With a 7 month old who is starting to stand, I need quick dry!


I hope this review was helpful.
Thank you so much for stopping by today I appreciate it so much! Have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestion? Question? Opinion? Shout it out, I'd love to hear it!