Welcome

It can be so hard to be a woman sometimes, let alone a mother and wife.
That's why I am reaching out, I want to talk to you about Skin Care, Hair Care and Cosmetics. I look forward to your responses, I want opinions and conversation. A fun place to chat. So please feel free to leave a comment I'd love to hear from you!

Again, thank you for stopping by, I hope this will be the start of a beautiful friendship!

Have an amazing day!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fitness: Yoga

Hello everyone!

Again I just had to share some of my new found fitness knowledge!

I have been a subscriber on YouTube to this channel for quite a while, I did a little bit of the pregnancy Yoga, but that's about it. I have been trying to expand my workout choices, so far I have found that I like Envy Girls, which I found on Hulu, Dance Fitness! by Emily on YouTube, and now Yoga (Yogatic) on YouTube with Esther.

I have tried Yoga in the past, it was a VHS tape that was supposed to be for beginners but it was quite difficult, and having an 11 year background in Martial Arts I'm not really a beginner in terms of stretching and balance. But it's not like that with Yogatic videos, she has a series of 3 beginner lessons/workouts and I have to say...they were great!
Granted some moves I couldn't hold as long as she did but that's okay! Everyday will get better, I highly recommend and encourage you to give it a try! If you keep trying you will build up the strength right where you need it and one day you'll be doing the poses perfectly and holding them for the full time!
Like anything, it takes dedication and practice to get good at yoga. I'm not great at it, but I definitely plan on practicing!

If you do all of her beginner videos you are looking at about 21 minutes of great beginners Yoga. Like I said, if there is a pose that is too intense for you, just do the best you can to get into the pose, you will get better with practice. I can't touch my toes anymore but I'll get there and you can too!

I really hope you choose to join me on my health and fitness journey! If I can workout every day and drink more water believe me anyone can! I know that is such a cliche' but it is so true! I am a soda junkie and I love Mcdonalds just as much as the next girl. I guess there just has to be a point where enough is enough. I want to be a little slimmer, and no amount of wishing will make it so, only good hard work and determination!

I am a size 22-24 and I am just not happy with that, if I can get to a size 16 I would be happy with myself. Then again, who knows I might get there and say "That wasn't so hard!" and push for more. That would be cool, but right now I have a goal and I will get there.

So just set your goal and come up with a plan to get there! For me it is working out 5-7 days a week, drinking more water and eating more salad.

Need some motivation? I suggest the book 'The Slight Edge' it will change your life! It's about life not just health or finances. (I'm not paid to promote this book I just really love it!)

I really think this post is beginning to run away with me so I better cut it off for today!

Thank you for stopping by today I appreciate it so much! Stay positive and have an amazing day!

http://www.yogatic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestion? Question? Opinion? Shout it out, I'd love to hear it!