Welcome

It can be so hard to be a woman sometimes, let alone a mother and wife.
That's why I am reaching out, I want to talk to you about Skin Care, Hair Care and Cosmetics. I look forward to your responses, I want opinions and conversation. A fun place to chat. So please feel free to leave a comment I'd love to hear from you!

Again, thank you for stopping by, I hope this will be the start of a beautiful friendship!

Have an amazing day!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Me: Oh It Burns So Good

I have been a smoker for about 10 years I believe. Being only 24, obviously the early years weren't even close to once I was legal age and beyond, but the habit was there.

I used to be in Tae Kwon Do, I was in that for I think 11 years, it's hard to keep track just because I was in it for so long I guess. When I used to work out in class, I could tell I smoked, I sweated hard (not just being overweight but because everyone worked hard :P ) my heart worked, blood pumping, and it felt good! I didn't always want to drag myself to class, but I always felt better afterward.


Well, I have been out of Tae Kwon Do for I believe 3 years now, so during that time I haven't been working out at all, so none of the toxins that smoking put in my body were being expelled through sweat, breath, and such. So recently I decided that since I can't afford a gym and walking around in Florida during the summer is like sitting in a sauna with a winter jacket on, that I was going to start working out once or twice a day with some low impact cardio while my daughter takes her naps or goes down for bed at night.


Tonight was my first go at it. Oh my sweet Lord. I don't think I have ever felt my chest and lungs burn this much, and I only did it for 5 minutes! I severely need to get into shape!

 I haven't put on any weight since the baby, and I lost all the weight I gained with her, but I have never been happy with my weight. Over a size 18 is way too big of a hassle for me, especially clothes shopping! Any women been there?


So I wanted to start doing a short workout everyday, 15 minutes once or twice a day of cardio. But seriously though, 5 minutes? That is just embarassing, I have always been this big but even working out in Tae Kwon Do I never felt that bad of a burny-hurtyness in my chest, even being big and a smoker. Not working out for 3 years can really change you, it's amazing!


So I really want to quit smoking, not just to help me lose weight but to be healthy, feel better, and not risk illness anymore especially since I have a wonderful daughter and husband to be around for. So I was thinking about every time I crave a cigarette I should work out, even for 5 minutes, just to burn through it, feel better, accomplished.


What do you guys think? Would it be a good motivation and a good excuse for exercise or make exercising too negative?


I look forward to some input!


Have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestion? Question? Opinion? Shout it out, I'd love to hear it!